Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lucky Duck Wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Shiraz, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc) from Walmart: Super Cheap and Surprisingly Delicious! Must Try!

Recently I have discovered a new brand of wine Walmart is carrying (owns?). The bottles are going for $3.97 right now and are surprisingly delicious! Had to share my find with you.  If you love good wine but are on a budget this brand is for you. They have very cute labels and accurate taste descriptions.  From my local store, there are 5 Lucy Duck wines available: 3 reds and 2 whites and are from Chile, Argentina, and Australia. I also love the fact that the two wines from Australia have an upside down duck! It's too cute.  I have tried them all but my favorites are the Malbec and Sauvignon Blanc. Let me know if you try these and what you think of them! I have also been told there is a Tempranillo.
Here are the descriptions on the back of the bottles. I think they are very accurate, in fact some of them are so fruity that it makes me think they may have added those flavors.  If true that would horrify most true wine lovers but these are delicious.

Reds:
1. Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile: rich cherry and fruity blackberry notes. Enjoy lucky duck alone or paired with red meats or pastas.
2. Malbec from Argentina: deep aromas of blueberries and chocolate. Enjoy lucky duck alone or paired with grilled meats, vegetables, or sharp cheeses.
3. Shiraz from South Eastern Australia: deep aromas of blackberries and vanilla. Enjoy lucky duck alone or paired with your favorite grilled meats or vegetables.

Whites:
1. Chardonnay from South Eastern Australia:  sweet aromas of apple and pear.  Enjoy lucky duck alone or paired with your favorite fresh seafood or salad.
2. Sauvignon Blanc from Chile: bright citrus aromas with a crisp, vibrant taste.  Enjoy lucky duck alone or paired with fresh seafood, chicken or salad.


      

11 comments:

  1. hah. gage can pick out the lucky ducky wines at our walmart. his daddy is all about some cheap wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could buy wine at grocery stores in New York :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you can't buy wine in grocery stores in Tennessee either. And damn that's inconvenient, because I generally only buy wine for cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great label for the price I have to agree. You should try little penguin too. Heres a link to some of my reviews
    Recession Wines. Great Blog BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet my lady would enjoy the Cabernet Sauvignon. We'll have to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been drinking this wine for some time now. Its cheap and really good. They also have a tempranillo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was looking for a picture of Lucky Duck to show a friend what I'd bought last night at Walmart, and found your blog. Isn't this stuff great? Cheap yummy wine! I'll be back to visit again. From one southerner to another, g'night, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool, Our Walmarts don't carry alcohol, kind of a bummer but want to try it! Can't believe the price thanks for sharing.

    Anyways, my wifes name is Annette (pastors wife)and she just opened her blog to public setting as she wants to be an encouragement and blessing to people (she is also hoping to do giveaways). I was trying to be an encouragement to her by asking if you would be willing to swing by and say hi as she does not know many people in the blog world? Thank you for considering. Her blog is

    http://continuedwonder.blogspot.com/

    Thank You,
    Rodney(Annette's husband

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you happen to know if the Lucky Duck shiraz wine is low in sulfites??? Alot of Australian wines are, so i am hoping that this is too....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Lucky Duck Chardonnay and Reisling. I'm not keen on red wines so I haven't tried any even though they "sound" good... all red wine tastes like red vinegar to me. The price is right though and it's a damned tasty wine for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  11. $4 for a Tempranillo as good as this? Man, what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking interest in this blog! I love comments and I will try to respond to them all. If you enjoy my posts, I encourage you to sign up and follow it on blogger. Thanks! -Anna